Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Braxton Hicks already!?!

I think I've experienced my first noticeable Braxton Hicks Contraction today. I was walking to the restroom and my belly got extremely tight all of a sudden....to the point that it made me scared. I used the restroom and by the time I got up to wash my hands, I felt better and my belly felt more normal (if normal exists in my body anymore, ha!) So, of coarse, the research began once I got back to my desk and I started googling Braxton Hicks.
Here some quick info:
Some women experience them from early in their pregnancy through to the end. This made me feel better because I thought, crap...it's too early to start feeling stuff like this. Guess not.
Common triggers:
  • baby moving inside your body (Ryker was pretty wiggly right before the BHC)
  • heavy exertion or exercise, especially carrying things (not likely, I don't exert much)
  • touching your abdomen (if I'm not typing, I'm rubbing my belly.)
  • sexual intercourse (ha!)
  • dehydration (possible, but doubtful)

Just to be safe, I'll mention it to my doc. I'm not worried, though.

1 comment:

Aunt G said...

Those feelings are unforgettable! I can't wait until you feel Ryker with hiccups.

Gayla