Ok..so let me start by saying that most comments directed towards me during my pregnancy have been really sweet, positive, and appropriate. Then me and Justin went to Wal-Mart and ran into a couple that we know.
Here's how the conversation went:
Guy: Hey, so what are you having?
Me: a little boy
Guy: Wow, that's what I figured...you're big. I mean, how far along are you?
Me: um, 6 months or so
Guy: dang, my wife wasn't that big when she delivered.
Me: oh. ok.
Luckily, I don't have a self-esteem problem...never have, even now that I'm big and pregnant. Oh well, no biggie. Won't be the last time that someone, probably another guy, will make a similar comment. I'll just smile, pat my belly, and thank God that I'm blessed enough to be pregnant (when I really want say "I'm growing a human, what have you accomplished today?)
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
AMEN! People said really rude things to me when I was pregnant with Jude. I'd tell them that I was measuring early and they'd say, "Yeah, you're gonna have that baby early b/c you're really big!". I think you look great in your pictures. And way to go on only gaining 15 pounds so far!
Ugh, how tacky. Do people lose their manners around expectant mothers?! You look positively radiant and beautiful :) Can't wait to see that lovely little tummy next weekend!!
Love you,
Jen
A friend of mine had a baby and went shopping by herself about 2 or 3 weeks after the baby was born. The cashier at the grocery asked her, "Honey, when ARE you gonna have that baby?" Roz said, "I already did." She said the lady was embarassed and apologized. I guess people just do not think!! YOU have a good attitude.
Love,
Aunt G.
wow - he sounds like a winner :P
why is it that some people lose all sense of whats appropriate to say around pregnant people!?
Post a Comment